Navanath hill at armoor

Last visit was: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:41 pmIf you have clear Info you can directly post in above forums, otherwise please post here. It is an open forum. You can also ask your questions.

Navanath hill at armoor

Postby Kondurkumar on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi

I just visited Siddullagutta in Armoor in Nizamabad district.Sadhus at this place say this is the hill where navanaths have got siddis.

The nine teachers collectively known as Navnaths are as follows:

Matsyendranath Or Macchchindranath
Gorakhnath or Gorakshnath
Jalandharnath or Jalandernath also known as Jan Peer
Kanifnath
Gahininath also known as Gaibi Peer
Bhartrinath or Bhartarinath or Raja Bhartari
Revananath
Charpatnath
Naganath or Nageshnath

Very few people know about this place either in nizamabad or armoor.What ever it is u can find peace in this place once u sit for meditation in the caves.

I heard lot of supernatural stories w.r.t caves from sadhus residing over there.Personally i can control my mind easilly at this place and it can only happen at siddi khshetra.

It was only visit and planning to visit this place after shiva ratri.

K.Ranjith
Hyderabad hotelsHyderabad tourHyderabad sightseeing
Hyderabad flightsHyderabad travelHyderabad pilgrimage

Re: Navanath hill at armoor

Postby Siva on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi, I read 'Navanatha Charitra', but that's only a basic translation of original text. As far as I know, the list of Navanaths includes, Adbangnath, Cherangnath. Can you please clarify about this?

Postby Kondurkumar on Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Frankly I heard lot about navanath's.But I dont have much idea about them.And I suddenly happened to hear about this place and visited the same.

And I really enjoyed the caves and the power in them.Out of the navanath i heard more about Gorakhnath as i have visited his temple in Gorakhpur and also during my visit to Jwalamukhi temple in Himachal pradesh one of the 18 shakti peethas.

They are originated from dattatreya and each of their lives are highly mysterious.

For eg: Matsyendranath was born from fish while Gorakhnath was from heap of mud

And others lives are equally mysterious.

ITs really gr8 that such powerful yogis have attained siddis at armoor in Nizamabad district.In fact armoor is called navanathapuram which i never heard recently.

Sadhus say still u can hear navanath's doing pujas at shivaling in the cave in the midnight

This is for information

Ranjith

Postby Narasimha on Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 am

I have not visited Armoor, but can tell one thing, all Navnaths didn't lived at any place as a team. You can also confirm this point from Navnath Charitra. Many places in Maharashtra and Gujarat have stories linked with Navnaths, may be this is another one. What I feel is, some great Yogi of Nath sampradaya might have lived there, and because of his great devotion towards Adi naths the name "Navanatha puram" came.

Regarding Adbang nath and Cherang nath :
It's very common in devotees to replace Revan nath for Cherang nath and Kanifa for Adbang nath.
See these prayers :

matsyeendra gooraksha jaalandharaadyaa gahanii kaaniifaa cheeranginaathaah /
bhartari charpaTa naaganaathaah bhuumyaambabhuuvuh navanaatha siddhaah //

matsyeendra gooraksha jaalandharaadyaa gahanii aDbanga chouranga mukhyaah /
bhartari charpaTa naaganaatha siddhaah bhuumyaambabhuuvuh navanaatha mukhyaah //

Revan nath is often included in the list of Navnaths but it's not sure that he is one of the first nine. Again he is called as Revana siddha, which is another name of Revanacharya, a great Veera Shaiva Guru.

Cheranga nath/ Chauranga nath is one of the Navnaths. He lost his hands and legs by punishment, being wrongly judged by hs father, and got Mantropadesha from Gorakh nath. and, Adbanga nath is another desciple of Gorakh nath. Being pleased by his innocence, Gorakh nath gave him Drigdeeksha and asked him to stop all thoughts as they arise. Adbhanga nath did great Tapasya and became one in Navnaths.
Narasimha Naik

Postby ssdhar on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:13 pm

Please indicate directions to visit the Navanath hill at armoor.
Wanted to share something about the contribution of Navanathas to the good of common people and suffering devotees. Their travels (separately, as indicated in one post) all over India, and neighbouring countries, was to make peoples' lives relieved of tensions, worries and diseases. They did not have huge chain of disciples, ashrams, vehicles, pomp and splendour. Only intention: was to uphold the values of Hindu dharma and instill faith in the ultimate power of God. Their great contribution - creation of Shabar Mantras- few thousand to lakhs. Again intention of Shabar mantras was to help people in tribal areas who were not well versed in Sanskrit and may not be able to recite or chant mantras to get relief from suffering. It is not only the creation of Shabar mantras, but empowering them with Divine blessings of Lord Shiva, Lord Hanuman, Lord Ganesh and other Gods. At the end of each Shabar mantra, they would be invoking Lord Shiva or other Gods to do good to the person who chants that mantra. Another uniqueness of these mantras - there were Muslim Shabar mantras and Muslim-Hindu Shabar mantras- ohhh it was as though they imagined the communal tensions, the polarisation and the ramifications. They simply invoked both Hindu Gods and Muslim fakirs and saints in some.
Many of these mantras were lost, unpublished, unwritten, undocumented. Our generation lost huge spiritual wealth. Few books were published in Hindi, Marathi and Gujarati on Shabar Mantras.
Books on Navnathas in South Indian languages are few.

Dattatreya rudrakshaDattatreya pendantsDattatreya yantra
Dattatreya statueDattatreya giftsDattatreya puja

Topic Tags

Dattatreya, Meditation, Temple travel, Temples in Andhra pradesh

• NAVIGATION