Maa Sarada devi

Last visit was: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:08 amIf you have clear Info you can directly post in above forums, otherwise please post here. It is an open forum. You can also ask your questions.

Maa Sarada devi

Postby Siva on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:43 pm

Sarada maa born in Jayrambati in Westbengal on 1853 December 22 ( Margasira masam bahula saptami) to Ramachandra Mukhopadyaya and Shyamasundari devi. This small village was very nearer to Kamarpukur. She married Ramakrishna Paramahamsa at six years of age. After that she remained in her native place up to 18years of age. In mean time she spend very normal life. As a common lady, she helped her mother and father in house hold activities. She did not went to school, but she learn good character in her child age. In this time Ramakrishna got a very good name, as a mad man. The world did not understand the great spirituality in Ramakrishna and marked him as a mad priest in Dakshineswar kali temple. Sarada maa heard these bad propaganda about her husband and want to know the truth. She thought that, if there is really any problem she should serve her husband and that is her duty. She came to Kolkata along with her relatives and reached Dakshineswar.

She felt very happy to see her husband in normal position. Sri Ramakrishna received her and allowed her to stay in his room. As we know that Sri Ramakrishna is a great devotee of Kali maa and he will follow abstinence very strictly, but he wanted to test his purity in his wife's presence. He did not get any Kamabhava even he lived with his wife in same room. It is quite natural in Sri Ramakrishna's case. But at the same time Sharada maa also lived with utmost purity and did not attracted her husband with Kamabhava. It shows the greatness of Sarada maa. One day Sri Ramakrishna asked Sarada maa why did you came? weather you came to attracted me into materialistic world? then maa answered that, I came to help you. This answer shows the greatness and self respect of Sharada maa. She did not answered I came to serve you, She answered I came to help you. After that Ramakrishna Paramahamsa did Shodasi puja in Sarada maa on 1872 June 5th. On this occasion Ramakrishna paramahamsa established Sarda maa as the holy mother.

After that she learned Sadhana from Sri Ramakrishna. She reached her goal very quickly. She practiced her sadhana in Nahabath, a small room before Ramakrishna s room. It shows her satisfaction and adjustment characters. She served Ramakrishna paramahamsa and his students. But many of Ramakrishna's students did not know her presence. She did not come and participate in public discussions. It shows her lajja Character.

After Ramakrishna paramahamsa ends his physical presence, she spent very holy life. She lived in Kamarpukur for some years, after that she shifted to Jayarambati, after that to Udbodhan. She visited Varanasi, Gaya, Puri, Rameswaram and many more punyakshetras. Ramakrishna's students also gave greater importance to Maa Sarada. Actually Swami Vivekananda also went to America for attending Chicagao conference only after written permission from Sarada maa (Through letter).

She gave mantra deeksha to many people in her life. She did not rejected any one. She gave suggestions to Ramakrishna paramahamsa students after his samadhi. She stood as backbone of Ramakrishna math. First Swami Yogananda served her, after that Swami Saradananda served her. He built Udbodhan for her residence. She showed a good way of life. She did one lakh japa on everyday while performing her daily activities. As she was elder daughter, she look after her sisters, brothers and their sons. But she did not neglected her daily sadhana. She believe in Japa and encouraged the same. She encouraged to do japa for atleast 15-20 thousand times in a day. She left her body on 1920 july 20.

If we want to condense Sarada maa life in a single sloka, then it will be like this.
pavitraM charitaM yasyAH pavitraM jIvanaM tathA
pavitratA svarUpiNyai tasyai kurmO namO namaH

These are some photos of Sarada maa in Jayarambatai, Telobolo and Sarada maa foot prints.
 First Previous Next
Holy_mother_sarada.jpg
Holy mother Sarada maa in Dhyana position. This photo was taken in 1898 and it is the second photo of Sarada maa.
88.Sarada mata-Jayrambati.jpg
Maa Sarada at Jayarambati sitting before her house, where she gave mantradeeksha to thousands of devotees.
135.Sarada matha temple near Bandipotla kali.jpg
Sarada maa temple at Telobolo, Westbengal.
134.Sarada matha near Bandipotla kali.jpg
Sarada maa idol in Telobolo temple.
88.Sarada mata foot prints.jpg
Sarada maa foot prints.

Sarada maa quotes

Postby Siva on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Sarada maa important quotes are:
If you want peace, do not find fault with others. Rather, see your own faults. Learn to make the whole world your own. No one is a stranger my child: this whole world is your own
I am the mother of the wicked, as I am the mother of the virtuous. Never fear. Whenever you are in distress, say to yourself, 'I have a mother.

Sarada maa stotra written by Swami Abhedananda

Sarada rudrakshaSarada pendantsSarada yantra
Sarada statueSarada giftsSarada puja

Topic Tags

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Saints, Sarada maa, Shakti temples, Spiritual India, West Bengal tour

• NAVIGATION