Kali Bhakti: Exploring the Shakti Piths

Last visit was: Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:47 pmIf you have clear Info you can directly post in above forums, otherwise please post here. It is an open forum. You can also ask your questions.

Kali Bhakti: Exploring the Shakti Piths

Postby kalibhakta on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share a project of mine which is both an offering to my ishta devi, Kali, as well as service to those who may be interested in learning more about Hindu goddess worship through the documentation of my pilgrimage. My work is available here:

www.kalibhakti.com

This website contains my original writing, photography, and field recordings procured during trips to the subcontinent. There is a special emphasis placed on the shakti piths and I will be updating regularly as I plan to explore these places for the rest of my life. I hope that by sharing this information a service will be rendered to those who may be interested in these sacred places, but unable to visit themselves. By offering a comprehensive, multi-media record that reflects my personal studies, I hope to offer something which appeals to a broad range of people. All images and recordings are available for free download.

It is a work in progress which will be continually developed as I am able to. Along with an upcoming entry for Kalighat, I will be adding a section of related links in the near future and plan on listing shaktipeethas.org as a valuable resource of information.

JAY MA KALI

William

Re: Kali Bhakti: Exploring the Shakti Piths

Postby Admin on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:44 pm

Jai Kali. I'm very happy to see a good website created by a like minded person, interested in Shakti peethas. Ok, as I personally felt you close in my heart, Mr.William, I directly ask you a single question- Were you initiated in Shakta tradition?

Anyhow, my dear friends of Shaktipeethas.org, I encourage you to visit this Kalibhakta regularly to get worth-full and interesting info on the temples of our holy mother.

Re: Kali Bhakti: Exploring the Shakti Piths

Postby kalibhakta on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:11 am

Thank you so much for sharing my project. Just like this one at shaktipeethas.org, the more like-minded people network and share information, the more we can develop these websites into a wonderful offering for Ma.

"Were you initiated in Shakta tradition?"

I have never been initiated formally into Tantra or other practices. I have always been open to this idea, but for me a teacher has not come. In the USA, legitimate Gurus are hard to find. Unfortunately since I am a foreigner, my time in India is reduced to 6 months per trip due to Visa regulations. Learning how to live in a foreign country (I can now speak Bengali) itself takes some time, but now that I am very confortable in West Bengal traveling and staying on my own is no problem. So while I am not an initiate of any tradition, I am a passionate bhakta of Kali. My goal is to synthesize whatever abilities I may have and dedicate them to her.

Thanks Again,

William

Topic Tags

51 shakti peethas, Sakta pithas darshan, Spiritual India, Tantra goddess, West Bengal tour

• NAVIGATION