Bhimashankar

Last visit was: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:22 pmIf you have clear Info you can directly post in above forums, otherwise please post here. It is an open forum. You can also ask your questions.

Bhimashankar

Postby Kondurkumar on Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:10 pm

Dear Devotees

This has reference to the above subject.Bhimashankar in general refers to the temple near pune which is on a hill.But sometimes I also hear that actual Bhimashankar Jyotirling is on a hill near to Gauhati,assam and some say it is near to manali.

If what i have heard is right kindly enlighten me.

Ranjith
Pune hotelsPune tourPune sightseeing
Pune flightsPune travelPune pilgrimage

Re: Bhimashankar

Postby Admin on Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:28 pm

There are many temples of lord Shiva believed as Jyotirlingas. Local people call them as Jyotirlingas. We can't deny any of them. A small list:

1Mahabaleshwara swamyGokarna<Uttara kannada district<KarnatakaMatching Sthala purana
2Umananda / BhayanandaPeacock island<Gauhati<AssamMatching name of the place (Kamarupa desa)
3Bheemeswara swamyDraksharamam<East Godavari district<Andhra pradeshMatching name of the deity
4Bhima shankarNainital<Uttarakhand<IndiaMatching name of the place (Dhakini vanam)
5Parli VaidyanathParli<Beed district<MaharashtraMatching name
6Aundha NaganathAundha<Parbhani-MaharashtraMatching name
7Vasukinath / BasukinathDumka / Dhumka<Dumka district<JarkhandMatching name of the place (Daruka vanam)
8Somanath JyotirlingSaurath<Madhubani district<BiharConsidered as Swayambhu jyotirlinga
9ChandranathSitakunda<Chittagong district<BangladeshMatching name
10OmkareshwarMandhata hills<Near Indore<MadhyapradeshBoth Mamaleshwar and Omkareshwar are jointly called as Jyotirling
11KailasanathEllora caves<MaharashtraVery ancient Shiva ling (also a Shakti peeth)
12Amarnath Shiv lingAmarnath<Ananthnag district<Jammu & KashmirExperience of great Sadhus

As already told this list is not comprehensive and there are many other temples which are believed as Jyotirlingas. I don't know about the Bhimashankar temple at Manali. Umananda temple is already covered.

Re: Bhimashankar

Postby SaiSahoj on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:20 pm

The Bhimashankar temple is one of the three Jyothirlingam in Maharastra. Located 110 kms away from Pune, this temple is a major tourist attraction due to its rich significance and history. In this temple, God Shiva has taken abode in the Bhima form, which was done upon the request of the Gods, on the crown of the Sahyadri hills, and the sweat that poured forth from God Shiva's body during the battle is said to have been the source of Bhimarathi river. Read more about this temple in http://www.ishtadevata.com/bhimashankar-jyotirlinga-temple-pune.html

Shiva rudrakshaShiva pendantsShiva yantra
Shiva statueShiva giftsShiva puja

Topic Tags

Jyotirlingas tour, Maharashtra tour, Temples in Maharashtra, Temples of Lord Shiva, Travel India

• NAVIGATION