Sankashtahara Ganapati Vratam

Last visit was: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:40 pmInformation about Indian festivals, Indian culture and tradition.

Re: Sankashtahara Ganapati Vratam

Postby Anu on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:59 am

[Start reading from 1st page]

Thanks for the information and translation. I'll try to prąy lord Ganesh on Feb 2nd. I also emailed my friends about this Sankashtahara Vratam.

Postby Anu on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Thanks for the detailed procedure. Although you have highlighted the main points to be taken care of. Is it not wrong/ deviation to the Vratam, if we are not awake that night after offering prayers to Moon and Lord Vinayaka? Will I still get the result of the Vratam?

If I am not able to be awake that night, can I do Udyapanam after completing my pooja?

Postby Uma on Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm

You asked three questions, and the answers will be :
It's not wrong to sleep, if we are unable.
We can get benefits even with partial Vratam, really needed thing is devotion.
We can do Udyapanam after wake-up in the next morning.

Ganesha Purana clearly describes these things in the Purva janma story of Kritavirya. We can be confident.

But, you forgot "CHATURTHI TITHI". We should Namaskar to Moon god and Chaturthi tithi, then to Ganesha.

Moon rise timings for various cities in India :

Indian standard time (IST) : Night 9.13 P.M
Hyderabad : Night 9.29 P.M
New Delhi : Night 9.39 P.M
Mumbai : Night 9.53 P.M
Kolkata : Night 8.50 P.M
Chennai : Night 9.19 P.M
Bengaluru : Night 9.31 P.M
Gauhati : Night 8.37 P.M
Dwaraka : Night 10:10 P.M
Varanasi : Night 9.13 P.M
Haridwar : Night 9.36 P.M
Ujjain : Night 9.42 P.M

Postby Rao on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Thanks for the information. Very thoughtful of you. What would be the time for the USA residents?

Postby Uma on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Though it's not possible to give Moon rise timings (Chandrodayam) for all countries/cities, I'll try to give a brief list. Another point is always, whatever the location may be, Krishna Chaturthi moon rise will be between 8.30 P.M to 11.30 P.M.

UNITED STATES :
New York: Night 9.51 P.M, Texas: Night 10.41 P.M, New Hampshire: Night 9.43 P.M, Mountain View: Night 10.10 P.M, San Francisco: Night 10.12 P.M, Los Angeles: Night 9.51 P.M, Hawaii: Night 10.25 P.M
Toronto, Canada: Night 10.17 P.M
SOUTH EAST ASIA :
Malaysia: Night 10.17 P.M, Singapore: Night 10.07 P.M, Indonesia: Night 8.17 P.M, Philippines: Night 9.00 P.M, Thailand: Night 9.26 P.M
Dubai, UAE: Night 9.39 P.M
London, UK: Night 9.52 P.M
Maastricht, Netherlands: Night 10.27 P.M
AUSTRALIA :
Perth: Night 9:06 P.M, Sydney: Night 9.41 P.M

Topic Tags

Ganesh chaturthi, Indian festivals, Indian tradition, Meditation

• NAVIGATION