51 Shakti peethas - Exact locations & Travel information

Last visit was: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Re: 51 Shakti peethas - Exact locations & Travel information

Postby Admin on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your info on Chintpurni maa. First of all, we should be clear on "what the 51 Shakthipeethas list is". It's a list of important Shakti temples as given in Tantra Chudamani. Other lists of Shakthipeethas are also present, for example, 51 list from Shiva Charitam, 108 list from Devi Bhagavatam, 18 list from an Adi Shankaracharya's Stotram etc. Personally I collected about 8 standard and different lists. But, couldn't identify their locations completely, that's a work still in progress. In addition to all these, local lists do exist, like 9 Shakthipeethas of Gujarat area, Chattisgarh area etc. Some temples gain the status of Shaktippeth without being included in any list. Vijayawada Kanaka durga temple is called as Shakthipeeth in Brahmanda purana, but not present in any standard list.

As you told clearly, Chintapurni temple may also be a Shakthipeeth. We would be very happy if you can throw some light on this temple. It would be greatly useful to our research in identifying the locations of all known lists.

Postby sarma_cv on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi,

That is very interesting to know. I just read about the (ChintaPurni) place in Wiki and visited that place. I will surly assist you with location of this temple with a google map link in my next post. And I'm also fascinated to know about 8 standard list of Shakthi Peethas (and other possible locations of Shakthi Peetha). If that is ready with you, please share that with us. I want to cover all the places (if possible ) in my life time.

Thank you,
Venkata Chunduri

Postby Admin on Sun May 01, 2011 2:34 pm

My information is not in digital form, now off-line. I'll sure upload them and inform you after uploading.

Postby Venkatesh298 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 pm

I visited 12 shakthipeets out of 14 shakthi peets in west bengal. It took me 3 and a half days.
All details can be found here in my blog
http://shakthipeeth.blogspot.in

Do visit and seek the grace of the divine mother.
Jai Sri Ram

Postby swarupam84 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:04 pm

I agree with reply from "raghu on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:30 pm" > I have visited Chitrakoot recentlly.
There is no Shaktipeeth temple available and local people, priests of Kamtanath temple also not aware of.
I think it should be Sarada temple on top of Trikoot hill at maihar. Which is well known shaktipeeth.

Topic Tags

51 shakti peethas, Dashara festival, Indian temples, Pilgrimage Tours, Sakta pithas darshan, Spiritual India, Tantra goddess, Travel India

• NAVIGATION