Mahur map

Last visit was: Wed May 24, 2017 8:01 amIndian temples at a glance.

Mahur map

Postby Siva on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:45 pm

Ekaveera mata temple
Ekaveera mata is one of the 18 Shaktipeethas

Pen Ganga River
Also called as Pancha Ganga.

Renuka mata temple
Near Mahur >Nanded district > Maharashtra

Parasurama temple
Lord Parasurama is a son of Renuka mata.

Dattatreya temple
It is on the next hill of Renuka mata temple

Devdeveswar mandir
It is the sleeping place of Jagadguru Dattatreya swamy.

Atri Maharshi temple
Atri maharshi is the father of Dattatreya swami

Anasuya mata temple
Anasuya mata is the mother of Dattatreya swami

Matru Tirtha
A holy pond present near Mahur.

Mahur Garh
Mahur taluka

Mahur Bus stand

Mahur Museum

Mahur Fort
It is an old fort present in Mahur on the opposite hill of Renuka mata.

All markers were placed at most possible zoom level. You can always suggest better marking to improve map.

Ekaveera mata templePen Ganga riverRenuka mata templeParasurama temple
Dattatreya templeDevdeveswar mandirAtri maharshi templeAnasuya mata temple
Matru tirhaMahur GarhMahur Bus StandMahur museum
Mahur Fort

How to Reach Mahur:
Mahur is present in Nanded district of Maharashtra state.
Nearest Bus stand : Mahur
Nearest Railway station : Nanded / Kinwat
Nearest Airport : Nanded / Nagpur / Mumbai

Mahur is one of the 18 Shaktipeethas. Its importance is well described in Guru Charitra (Holy Book Of Guru Dattatreya Swami). It is also called as Mayura Kshetram or Matru pattanam. There are many important temples and sightseeing places on the top of hill, and in the deep forest.

Ekaveera mata temple : It is present on the bank of Pen Ganga river (Pancha Ganga river). It is about 30 to 40 minutes distance from Mahur. The temple is present in the fields of near by Village. The temple is very small. We will see only the head of Goddess here.

Renuka mata temple : Renuka mata temple is present on the top of Hill near Mahur. Renuka mata is the mother of Lord Parasurama. Jamadagni Maharshi, husband of Renuka mata is also present in the form of Shiva linga. The temple is present in deep forest and we can see Peacocks in the journey.

Parasurama temple : Lord Parasurama (incarnation of Lord Vishnu) temple is also present on the same hill. There is a holy pond here, called Parasurama kund.

Dattatreya Swami temple : Jagadguru Dattareya swami temple is present on another hill.

Anasuya mata temple : Anasuya mata is the mother of Dattatreya swami. Her temple is present on the third hill.

Atri Maharshi temple : Atri maharshi is the father of Dattatreya swamy. This temple is also present beside Anasuya mata temple.

Matru tirtha : Matru tirha is a very holy pond described in Guru Charitra. Lord Parsurama did ceremony of his father, Jamadagni, in this place. People will take a holy dip in this pond and get rid off their sins.

Devdeveshwar mandir : This is the sleeping place of Dattatreya swami. Daily Guru Dattatreya swami will take bath at Varanasi in Ganga river, Bhiksha (Lunch) in Kolhapur and sleep in Mahur. This temple is present in Mahur town.

Mahur Fort : Mahur fort is a very big and old fort. It is present in the opposite hill of Renuka mata temple. This fort was constructed in 15th century.
Nagpur hotelsNagpur tourNagpur sightseeing
Nagpur flightsNagpur travelNagpur pilgrimage

Re: Mahur map

Postby Uma on Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:56 am

Ha, Siva! I went to Mahur but, didn't see the Nidra sthan of Lord Dattatreya!!! Very unfortunate. OK, I'll go again to see the Nidrasthan. Thanks for pointing it in the map. Thanks a lot.

Postby Kondurkumar on Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 pm

This is for information:

1.Ekaveera temple is one of the 18 shaktipeethas at mahur.This is at place called Heure which is 19 kms from Mahur.But at Mahur people go to Renuka mata temple only.People from Andhra Visit this temple of Ekaveera

2.The daily schedule of Dattatreya includes Manikarnika Bath at Varnasi ,Biksha at kolhapur ,Sleeping at Mahur.Apart it also includes Lunch at Panchaleshwar.Everyday at 12 noon he has his lunch at panchaleshwar and takes rest and get back to mahur.This panchaleshwar is near to Parli Vaidyanath Jyotirling .I have visited this place personally which is there n many puranas also and place is very close to Rakshas bhavan which is very well known for Shanishwar temple.Panchaleshwar comes in between beed to Aurangabad

3.There is also a place called sarvatirtha which is also must to visit

Postby Siva on Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:23 pm

I don't know about Sarvateertha. Can you please tell me the importance of it. Can you identify it in google map? Have you visited that place? Is it near Mahur?
I asked my elders. Mathru tirtha itself is Sarva tirtha

Postby Kondurkumar on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:05 pm

W.r.t MAtru tirtha ,It is the tirtha where the ashes of Reunuka matha have been submerged.W.r.t Sarvatirtha it is the tirtha where upon instructions of lard dattatreya Parushurama has created this thirtha where all the tirtha's of the world are brought at one place.And hence this place is known as Sarva tirtha.Before doing the cremations to his father and mother Jamdagni and renuka matha parushurama bathed in sarva tirtha and cmpleted formalities.

Frankly whether both are one and same , iam not sure?I have visited matru tirtha and not sarva tirtha and thought of visiting it in my next visit.But heard both are different

Dattatreya rudrakshaDattatreya pendantsDattatreya yantra
Dattatreya statueDattatreya giftsDattatreya puja

Topic Tags

18 shaktipeethas, 51 shakti peethas, Dattatreya, Maharashtra tour, Penganga river, Renuka mata, Temples in Maharashtra

• NAVIGATION