kadalivanam

Last visit was: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 amIndian temples at a glance.

kadalivanam

Postby cmsrjp on Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 pm

At Shrisailyam.
can we travel on state highway 5FROM DOMALPENTA for 14.7 kms take left and walk to kadalivanam cave instead of from vyankatesh kinara?, without going downward to Akkamadevi cave?
Last edited by cmsrjp on Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: kadalivanam

Postby Siva on Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:15 pm

There are forest routes to Kadalivanam from domalapenta. But the route doesn't had any indications. Only experienced person who know the route can travel in this route. Three years back one batch tried travel in this route without proper knowledge and missed in the forest. After a rescue operation by State government with Helicopters they reached srisailam. So It is not advisable to travel in this route.

Other option is going to Srisailam. Take a boat from there, go to akka maha devi caves, get down in opposite bank of akka mahadevi caves, there take help from one local chenchu and he will guide the route to kadali vanam. It is better to go there in this route also in Karthika masam, In that time large number of pilgrims will go there.'
Dont go laone or without guidance. Remember it is a tiger reserve forest.

Have a safe journey and got blessings from Lord Mallikarjuna swamy.

Re: kadalivanam

Postby cmsrjp on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Me and my Mrs traveled the route vyankatesh kinara to kadalivanam cave and prakat sthan on 5 april 2014.
This april 8/9 I wanted to know alternative route [b]to avoid initial steep 3 kms gradient if possible
are there guides for alternate route?
thanks
a s phadke

• NAVIGATION