Sabarimala map

Last visit was: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:16 amIndian temples at a glance.

Re: Sabarimala map

Postby hyderabadaccountant on Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks a lot. Is the trek possible in the night time also. Actually I am alone till date and not linked to any group or Guruswamy and have booked myself by train and would reach Chenganur/ Kottayam on 8th Jan '09 in the evening and it will be night by the time I reach Erumeli.
rgrds
hyderabadaccountant

Postby Admin on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:17 pm

It is not advisable to travel at night. There are no lights in the forest. Even at the time of Makara Sankranthi, we are not far from the fear of forest animals ( especially elephants at Karimali and Karivalam thodu ). Pilgrim groups will play music and light crackers to protect themselves from the animals.

I don't know your possibilities, but can suggest few alternatives:

1. Join in a group near by your home, who are going to trek. This is the best.
  2. Join with a Telugu group at Erumeli, as you can easily communicate in your native language.
    This is also not bad.
  3. At least join any one of the groups at Erumeli.
Please don't trek singly. This is my strong advice.

If you are really energetic you can cover the entire trek in a single day!

• Stay that night at Erumeli.
  • Weak-up early in the morning, reach Vavar masjid by 5.00A.M and start your trek.
  • Don't waste your time in bathing at Azutha river. Just have a dip in it. This will also save your energy for climbing Azutha hill. Don't take your Lunch before reaching Kallidum konru.
  • Take care to travel along with any one of the groups throughout the route.
  • As you are single, don't stop before reaching Pampa. It is risky.
  • You will be at Pampa by the time of Sun-set. Have a look at Pampa vilakku. Cheers. :lol:

Postby Siva on Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:43 am

Hi,
Dont take risk.
The forest is Periyar Tiger reserve.It is better to treck in day time from Erumeli and go along with groups.
Have a nice journey

Topic Tags

Karthika masam, Kerala tourism, Lord Ayyappa, Pampa river, Sabarimala tour, South India tour, Temples in Kerala, Tourist places in India, Travel India

• NAVIGATION