It is not advisable to travel at night. There are no lights in the forest. Even at the time of Makara Sankranthi, we are not far from the fear of forest animals ( especially elephants at Karimali and Karivalam thodu ). Pilgrim groups will play music and light crackers to protect themselves from the animals.
I don't know your possibilities, but can suggest few alternatives:
- Join in a group near by your home, who are going to trek. This is the best.
- Join with a Telugu group at Erumeli, as you can easily communicate in your native language.
This is also not bad.
- At least join any one of the groups at Erumeli.
Please don't trek singly. This is my strong advice.If you are really energetic you can cover the entire trek in a single day!
- Stay that night at Erumeli.
- Weak-up early in the morning, reach Vavar masjid by 5.00A.M and start your trek.
- Don't waste your time in bathing at Azutha river. Just have a dip in it. This will also save your energy for climbing Azutha hill. Don't take your Lunch before reaching Kallidum konru.
- Take care to travel along with any one of the groups throughout the route.
- As you are single, don't stop before reaching Pampa. It is risky.
- You will be at Pampa by the time of Sun-set. Have a look at Pampa vilakku. Cheers.